Grocery story visit

- We went to the grocery store today and a little boy saw my little man had a patch on his eye.  He asked his daddy, what happen to that little boys eye? His daddy said I'm not sure ask, his mommy. So the little boy did and I explained it to him.  Then we were in the pharmacy section picking up his boxes of patches and a older lady working in the pharmacy asked why he had a patch on his eye.  So I explained to her he was born with PFV and a cataract, so we patch his good eye to strengthen his other eye.  From there we go checkout the rest of our groceries and the sacker asked what happened to his eye, once again I explained why he was patching!


When Jaxen first started started patching and we would go to the store people would stare and whisper.  I was really hurt when they would do that.  One woman one day at the store stated to her husband, "look that new born has a patch, I wonder what the parents did." I was hurt by this.  I cried for several hours after that trip and I avoided going to the grocery store during patching time.  

Today was different; people did not whisper and point or make rude comments.  They simply asked!  

I would rather have people ask me questions so I can educate them.  I do not like it when I get rude comments or whispers thrown around about my son.

Comments

Popular Posts